Are you looking to make an impact?
Spend your summer with the Impact Center! Our internship program offers excellent opportunities to gain substantial professional experience, engage with prominent leaders from across the country, and gain valuable experience with an entrepreneurial mission-driven organization.
The Impact Center’s internship program fosters professional development for graduate and undergraduate students. Interns collaborate with our staff on key projects, develop strong analytical, research and writing skills, and engage directly with our program participants and partners. Our internship program is unique in that we give interns the freedom to take ownership of projects while also collaborating with our staff on key projects.
We are currently reviewing applications for the following positions for this summer (individual position descriptions below):
- Communications and Media Outreach
- Special Events
- Strategic Outreach and Engagement
- Women’s Leadership Program
- Women Military Initiative
Ideal candidates will be highly-motivated self-starters with strong communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team. Commitment to getting results in a fast-paced environment and the ability to handle a heavy workload are essential. We expect interns to be available to work at least 30 hours/week for at least 10 weeks during the summer.
Candidates should send a cover letter, resume and brief writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I couldn't have picked a better place to work than the Impact Center. They have great trust in their interns and are not afraid to give them challenging projects that are important to the organization.”
- Shannon Mann, Summer 2011 Women’s Program Intern
2012 Spring Internships
Postitions will be filled on a rolling basis.
Communications and Media Outreach Internship
This position is a unique opportunity to gain substantive communications experience by designing, drafting and sending out newsletters and implementing new media strategy in collaboration with other members of the Impact Center team. This position will report to the Director of Programs. Candidates with design experience and strong writing skills are particularly encouraged to apply. Responsibilities include:
- Creating communications materials including brochures, marketing materials and email blasts
- Expanding and revising the website
- Identifying potential projects, partners or funders
- Collaborating with other staff members to plan, publicize, and execute special events
- Maintaining the contact and donor databases and assisting in relationship management
- Assisting in strengthening our social media presence
Special Events Internship
This position is an exciting opportunity to gain substantial experience in planning a dynamic event and engaging with sponsors, speakers, and panelists. Reporting to the Director of Programs and Women’s Leadership Program Manager, this individual will play a key role in planning our annual national conference with hundreds of high-impact leaders across all sectors and industries in attendance.
- Collaborating with Impact Center staff to plan the 2012 Gender Intelligence Summit including marketing, sponsorship outreach, speaker and key stakeholder engagement, and troubleshooting
- Working in partnership with Impact Center staff to plan and coordinate necessary logistics for ongoing leadership development events throughout the summer
Strategic Outreach and Engagement Internship
The Strategic Outreach and Engagement Interns plays a key role in engaging stakeholders and coordinating outreach and development for the Impact Center. This is a great opportunity for someone with strong interpersonal and communication skills to leverage their talents to support outreach to program participants, prominent leaders who are involved in our mission and work, and potential partners. This position will report both to the Chief of Staff and CEO. Responsibilities include:
- Researching companies and foundations for potential partnership opportunities for Impact Center programs and events
- Developing marketing materials for prospective partners and supporters
- Playing a key role in the execution of all development and outreach strategies, including managing stakeholder engagement and pursuing corporate partnership opportunities
Women’s Leadership Program Internship
The Women’s Leadership Program (WLP) seeks to empower emerging women leaders from all sectors of our society through innovative programming and an annual fellowship. This position will report to our Women’s Leadership Program Manager. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the WLP Manager and Director of Programs to design and implement the WLP curriculum
- Researching challenges and best practices of inclusive leadership programs and drafting recommendation memos
- Assisting in facilitating our 2012 Women’s Leadership Fellows program, including helping manage communications with fellows and mentors
- Helping with preparations for the selection and launch of the 2013 Fellowship Class
Women Military Initiative Internship
The Impact Center Women Military Initiative seeks to provide a platform for resources and best practices to military women and employers as they transition into the civilian workforce and a clearinghouse to public policy makers to ensure sound policy and strategic allocation of public resources. This position will report to our Director of Programs. Responsibilities include:
- Researching the challenges faced by women transitioning from the military to the civilian workforce and the resources and services currently available to assist them and best practices of inclusive leadership programs and drafting recommendation memos
- Developing marketing materials for prospective partners and funders